Welcome

Thank you for dropping by - I so appreciate your taking the time to look at my blog,
I create one of a kind unique characters . I am passionate about my art and love to incorporate whimsy and usual elements or themes into my pieces. Although I create dolls for all seasons and holidays, I must admit that I adore Halloween and love to make witches and pumpkins and things that go bump in the night.

My work has been published in Art Doll Quarterly and Prims .....Cordelia and Niles, my witch and cat combination were honored to be on the cover of the 2012 Autumn issue of Art Doll Quarterly

I have an Etsy Shop Primville where you will find items for sale and I take limited commissions

email me to be put on list to receive advance notification of listings or to discuss a commission piece.

Kathie

kathie@campbellisi.com email




Sunday, August 19, 2018

Haunted Fairy Tale Headstone Huggers in Art Doll Quarterly

I was thrilled to have my Haunted Headstone Huggers featured in the current issue of Art Doll Quarterly.  The challenge was Haunted Fairy Tales so I created GRIMM’S ENCHANTED ETERNAL GARDEN. Happily ever after is the closing to many an enchanted tale, however the reality is that for all time marches on and our beloved fairy tale characters grow old and die.  Of course, most of them have a long and happy life. 
The fabled ones end up in the Grimm’s Enchanted Eternal Garden which is a beautiful and peaceful place to rest their bones, most of the time.  On All Hallows Eve, when the moon is high the charmed and wicked spirits alike shake off their shrouds and rise from their sepulchers to dance, frolic and haunt the night away.
Deciding which fairy tale characters would inhabit the garden took a bit of time and pondering, I needed ones that I would be able to come up with witty epitaphs for.  After some research on the web and fairy tale books I finally decided on Drizella Tremaine (one of Cinderella’s stepsisters), the Mad Hatter and the witch from Hansel and Gretel, I made two of the witches with different epitaphs.